Sunday 18 August 2013

MUA Makeup Academy Haul!




(Click the logo to go to the website)

My First MUA Haul!

OK, so id heard of MUA before but id never really been on their website for a look so i thought..why not! SO glad i did! Not only are their products purse friendly to begin with, they also had a fab sale on :) WINNER!
 I am super happy i ordered because their stuff is fab!

Here's a more detailed review of what i got and how i rate it ...
Enjoy!



So the first products i picked were these eye shadows...i got 3 matte and 3 pearl ones in shades 29, 17, 8, 19, 16 & 9. These eye shadows are fab! Quite pigmented and very blendable and not to mention some beautiful shades. My favorite has got to be the purple one. It is beautiful! I think my favorite thing about it is that its kind of iridescent. It's like a pure purple with blue shimmery flecks in it that give it a gorgeous shimmery finish.

10/10 for these!



***
This is a "peacock" style look i did using the blue/teal colour and the purple. I used the purple in the inner corner and across 2/3 of my eye and then blended the blue in to the outer corner. I then blended a little of the marshmallow pink blush along the top edges of the colour under the brow. For the liner i actually used e.l.f's teal pen liner but id use a different brand if i was to do this look again. Now, I'm a complete newbie at doing this kind of makeup but i think i did a decent job of it for my skill level. What do you think of the look? leave a comment in the comments box below, id love to hear your opinions :) 
***

***

The next lot of products i got were the trio eye shadow palettes in pink sorbet, innocence, chocolate box & smoke screen. Again these shadows are beautiful colours, nicely pigmented and they are also very shimmery. They don't blend quite as well as the previous ones due to the shimmer but it will eventually if you build it up.

9/10 for these!


***
This is a neutral day look i did using the pink sorbet trio.
What do you think?
 ***


*** 

The next products i got were these two blushers in marshmallow & cupcake. I really, really love these blushers! They are highly pigmented so apply with a gentle hand on the brighter ones if your pale skinned. The colours are gorgeous and they apply really nicely. Big thumbs up for these!
10/10!! 


Next was the eyebrow kit and my brows have never looked better! Iv never used a brow kit before just pencils and eye shadows but iv not gone back since i got this. I'm not too fond of the brush included myself as i have quite fine eyebrows so this brush is a tad too thick for for precise application for me. but the colour is perfect and the gel is great.
9/10!


Next i purchased 2 sheer finish lip glosses in "happy days" & "lets meet". These are really nice glosses with a gentle tint of colour. they glide on really nicely and smell and taste great (not that id recommend eating it though!haha).
9/10! 


The next product i haven't actually used on my eyes yet, i only swatched it but again i think its a really nice product. Its the gel liner in "tribe" which is a shimmery teal colour. It glides on well and has a nice strong colour. I cant comment on its staying power yet but my experience of gel liners so far have proved that they are very long wearing.
9/10 


The next item i picked up was the extreme volume mascara in extreme black. 
I'm in two minds about this because i think i may have got an old tube maybe. It was quite dry and there doesn't feel to be much product in the tube. Its not been very easy to apply because of this and has been pretty clumpy. I'm going to buy another one at some point to try it again because I'm not so sure that this is a bad product, more of an old batch maybe. At £1 though I'm happy to give it another go, going off how highly i rate their other products.

I wont rate this until i try it again. 


I also bought a foundation. I got the matte foundation in shade 2 "honeycomb". For a £1 in all honesty i wasn't expecting much from this foundation but i was very pleasantly surprised! Its a light coverage so perfect for days when you don't want to look like you've got too much on. It applies really nicely and not streaky or cakey and even though its matte, it doesn't dry out your skin or emphasize any existing dry skin. In fact i found it quite moisturizing! Another thing i really liked about this foundation is that it doesn't emphasize pores. i have quite visible pores either side of my nose and even without primer this covers them really well. 
I will be repurchasing this over and over!
10/10!


Next was this brush on concealer. As much as i enjoyed using this product i think i may have had a mild reaction to it because i had a slight burning sensation under my eyes. Luckily there was no redness though and it subsided fairly quickly. I do have very sensitive skin though so don't let this put you off! If you don't have sensitive skin then this product may well be ideal for you. I used it for the dark circles under my eyes and found it had a really nice coverage. If it suited my sensitive skin i would buy it again but sadly its not so i wont be purchasing it again.

On the whole though its a good product so id give it a 7/10


Next up is the Fashionista supermodel khol eyeliner in shade 8 "naomi". This is a gorgeous eyeliner colour and its lovely and soft so glides on really well. The only down side i found to this product is longevity. I found i had to reapply a few times during the day to keep it vibrant. Other than that though its a beautiful colour and i would buy some of the other shades.
7/10 


Lastly i bought the bronzer. I was hoping to use this for contouring but its not pigmented enough for that so works best as a gentle all over bronzer to give you that sun kissed look. It has a very subtle shimmer in it too so you don't look like a disco ball but do have a "summer glow". I really liked this product given that i was hoping to use it for contouring but ended up using it as an all over bronzer  ;)
I'd give it a 7/10 

***

All in all ....i cant wait to place another order!!! i think I'm going to end up owning ALLOT of MUA products! lol 

I'm super happy with my order and it was an added bonus that it only cost £27.95 inc P&P for 21 products. Now that's what I'm talkin about! ;)

I hope you have enjoyed this post :)

Id love to hear whether you have been taking advantage of the MUA sale as much as me? What did you get and what did you think of it?

Let me know in the comments section.

Don't forget to "like" my facebook and follow me on twitter and you can catch me on instagram too :) 

(All the links are on the right hand side of the page)

And please follow my blog if enjoyed reading this :) the more followers and input - the more posts I'll do :)

Thanks so much and ill see you again very soon! 
Have a great day!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...