Saturday 19 October 2013

Glossybox October 2013


October 2013


Hi again! So here is what i got in my Glossybox this month and I'm really quite gutted.
The theme was "Dark Romance" so i was expecting deep red/black/smokey makeup or nail polish, strong musky floral scents or luxurious thick creams of some kind. Nothing i this box rang true with the theme in my opinion. I was pretty disappointed with all of it.

The box however was very pretty but again didn't match the theme in my opinion, more old Hollywood romance than dark romance.


I do love how pretty and delicate the decor and wrapping always is!


This is the contents of my box...





I got Katy Perry Killer Queen perfume sample, Monu illuminating primer, MeMeMe Cherubs Blush cheek & lip stain, Harmony Smoothie Serum & imPRESS press on manicure nails.


The Katy Perry Killer Queen scent is lovely, very fruity and sweet with a little depth. More a summers night kind of scent than dark romance.


This Monu illuminating primer wasn't anything special. It felt like a very light moisturiser with minimal effect. It did moisturise my skin but i only seemed to feel the benefits of it for about 15 minutes. It has a slight sun cream smell to it too which i didn't like.


This Harmony smoothie serum again didn't really have much effect either only leaving my skin smooth and soft for about 15 minutes. This product had no scent at all.


The MeMeMe Cherubs Blush cheek & lip stain was absolutely horrid. Iv never tried a stain before and i don't think i will again after this! If you want to look like BoBo the clown for two days then this is perfect otherwise beware! It really does stain and doesn't blend! i ended up with a big red blotch on either cheek and it took several washes over two days to fully remove it. Seriously disliked this!


The imPRESS stick on manicure nails weren't too bad i suppose but they looked and felt very "cheap". They stuck on fairly well but felt too soft and flexible for fake nails (my natural nails are stronger), the lightly glittery tip also looked pretty tacky and the colour wasn't very "natural"


I like to try and find the best in products but just couldn't find much good about any of this. I always give my honest opinion too so if you enjoyed these products then that's fab but they just weren't to my liking at all.

Here's hoping Novembers Glossybox is better!!!

If you also subscribe to Glossybox id love to hear what you got it yours?

Thanks for checking out my blog, make sure you subscribe to keep up to date :)

Have a great week!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...